5 Minutes With….Laura at Cocoa Delicious
How is it April already? 2017 is whizzing by and we're already talking about Christmas here at HQ....yep, Christmas! BUT more importantly, Easter is just around the corner, which means time to self indulge in chocolate!! So who better to talk to then the lovely Laura from Cocoa Delicious who creates THE best chocolate stirrers, perfect to make the yummiest hot chocolates. Or team it up with our coffee and you've got yourself the most indulgent mocha ever!
1. So who are you, what do you do, where do you live? Stats please!
1. I am Laura, I am 29 (30 next month – eek!) and I live in Norfolk, although my family all originate in London and Herts so I’m often found that way. I moved to Norfolk in 1991 when I was 4.
2. What inspired you to start your amazing business?
The business was founded in 2011 and I went fully self-employed in 2012. I fell in love with the concept of the hot chocolate stirring spoon and wanted to develop a Signature product that was high-end and innovative. The brand was born and has developed and evolved considerably!
3. Who is your greatest supporter?
My family – I am very close to my family and their support is invaluable. They’re always there as a shoulder to cry on or to chat through new ideas and the future of Cocoa Delicious.
4. Ok, so more about you, night in with a takeaway, or glad rags on for a night out on the town?
Ohhh, a difficult one! I don’t go out as much as I used to at the weekends (as I get older the hangovers get longer!) but I do love a good night out with some drinking and good music. Although, I also love a night in if I’m not in the mood for a big night out! So, in summary, it all depends on my mood!
5. Watch a film or read a book?
I love a good film, there’s something about curling up under a duvet with a cuppa and escaping into a storyline. I do have a couple of books by my bed at the mo too –Carrie Green; She Means Business and Fiona Humberstone; Style Your Brand.
6. Black or white?
White. I also use a lot of white in my branding and product photography.
7. Home or away for your holidays? (Share your destination tips!)
It’s always nice to get away for a break. In the past I’ve been to places like Dubai and South Africa, but there are some beautiful destinations in this country too. I often go to Hertfordshire for mini breaks for a night or 2 and stay with family.
8. Sunday mornings.....breakfast in bed or time to get outside?
I enjoy a cuppa in bed on a Sunday morning but I’m not good at laying in too long. In the summer I like to get outside, even if it’s just to enjoy the cuppa in the garden. I’m a country girl at heart, so I love being outside in nature, especially with the horse.
9. Who would be your five ideal dinner guests (alive or dead)?
My nan, whom I lost when I was 18 and miss very much. My uncle, who left us suddenly last year in tragic circumstances, it broke our hearts and I would do anything to have him here again. Carrie Green, a young entrepreneur who is a huge inspiration to me. Phillip and Holly from ITV’s This Morning, I adore watching this pair and it’s on my bucket list to meet them!
10. And finally THE most important question....tea or coffee??
OHHH another tough question! I drink FAR too much tea however, there is something luxurious about a decent cup of coffee, so my answer is COFFEE!
To see more about Laura and Cocoa Delicious, visit www.cocoa-delicious.myshopify.com/